Summer 2017 Applications NOW OPEN!
We are looking for creative, energetic, fun individuals who have a passion for science, engineering, and technology.
The University Instructor at Engineering Science Quest (ESQ) is the person who, with a help of a partner, designs. delivers and is responsible for the safety of campers in their summer camp. In the months of May and June you will be responsible for delivering workshops in local schools and with the guidance of senior staff, develop the curriculum, budget and theme for your camp.
This is a four-month position starting in May and ending in August. Please note there are a limited number of three-month traveling team positions available.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide a valid police record check by the first day of employment. All staff must have had First Aid (CPR-C) training in the past two years. ESQ will run a group training session in the month of May or June at a reduced cost for staff.
Who should apply
If you have most of the following, you'll be a great fit for us:
- Experience working with children
- A background in science, engineering, or education
- Great communication skills
- Genuine interest in getting kids excited about the world of science, engineering and technology
How to apply
Create an application package that contains the following in a single PDF. Please ensure that your name is on every page of your application:
- Cover letter
- 1 page description of the camp you'd like to run (talk about the theme, activities, why kids would be excited)
- A completed ESQ Write-up (see sample write up (DOC) and MS-Word template (DOC))
Please send your application to:
- In person: Engineering Outreach RCH Portable, University of Waterloo
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESQ will only consider complete applications and will not follow up with any candidates who submit incomplete applications.
Interviews will take place in-person on January 19th, 20th or 21st. These will take place at the University of Waterloo. Please ensure that you are available!
Applications are due by: Monday, January 16th, 2017 by 4pm EST.