Summer 2019 Applications now open!
We are looking for creative, energetic, fun individuals who have a passion for science, engineering, and technology.
The University Leader at Engineering Science Quest (ESQ) is the person who, with a help of a partner, designs, delivers and is responsible for the safety of campers in their summer camp. There are two streams for our University Leaders positions:
University Leaders (On-Campus)
In the months of May and June you will be responsible for planning and delivering camps for a variety of ages on campus. With the guidance of senior staff, you will develop activities and maintain a budget for your camp.
This is a 16 week (four-month) position starting in May and ending in August.
University Leaders (Satellite/ Off-Campus)
In the months of May and June you will be responsible for planning and delivering camps for a variety of ages at different satellite locations off campus. With the guidance of senior staff, you will develop activities and maintain a budget for your camp.
This is a 14 week (four-month) position starting in May and ending in August.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide:
- A valid police record check by the first day of employment.
- First Aid (CPR-C) training completed within the past two years. ESQ will run a group training session in the month of May or June at a reduced cost for staff.
- Valid G class licence is preferred
Who should apply
If you have most of the following, you'll be a great fit for us:
- Experience working with children
- A background in science, engineering, or education
- Great communication skills
- Genuine interest in getting kids excited about the world of science, engineering and technology
How to apply
To apply, please access the Application form below and include the following:
- An electronic copy of your resume.
- 2 references
- 1 page activity write-up.
- As a University Leader, you will have to develop a week-long project for your specific camp. Provide an idea of a week-long (~8 to 10 hours) project that you would run for a camp over the summer.
- Include the age of your camp participants
- Highlight learning objectives
- Give a breakdown of each day
- Include any challenges you may come across and list accommodations that can be used to resolve these challenges
- Get creative! We don't like walls of text so please don't write an essay ;) (Maximum 1 page)
ESQ will only consider complete applications and will not follow up with any candidates who submit incomplete applications
Applications are due by Monday January 7th, 2019, at Noon (12:00pm)
Interviews will take place in-person on January 17-19, 2019. These will take place at the University of Waterloo. Please ensure that you are available!
If you have questions regarding the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.