We are looking for creative, energetic, fun individuals who have a passion for science, engineering, and technology.
The University Leader at Engineering Science Quest (ESQ) is the person who, with a help of a partner, designs, delivers and is responsible for the safety of campers in their summer camp.
In the months of May and June you will be responsible for planning camps for a variety of ages. With the guidance of senior staff, you will develop activities and maintain a budget for your camp. In July and August, you will deliver these camps to groups of campers! For 2022, camps are tentatively planned to be run in-person.
Successful candidates will be asked to provide:
- A valid police record check by the first day of employment.
- Valid G class licence is an asset
Who should apply
If you have most of the following, you'll be a great fit for us:
- Experience working with children
- A background in science, engineering, or education
- Great communication skills
- Genuine interest in getting kids excited about the world of science, engineering and technology
How to apply
To apply, please access the Application form below and include the following:
- An electronic copy of your resume.
- 2 references
- 1 page activity write-up.
- As a University Leader, you will have to develop a week-long projects for specific camps. Provide an idea of a week-long (~8 to 10 hours) project (that could be run virtually) that you would run for a camp over the summer.
- Include the age of your camp participants
- Highlight learning objectives
- Give a breakdown of each day
- Include any challenges you may come across and list accommodations that can be used to resolve these challenges
- Get creative! We don't like walls of text so please don't write an essay ;) (Maximum 1 page)
ESQ will only consider complete applications and will not follow up with any candidates who submit incomplete applications
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Please ensure that you are able to access these platforms!
If you have questions regarding the application process, please email us at email@example.com.