10 Student Teams Battle It Out For $60k In Prize Money at the Esch Pitch Competition
Watch as 10 outstanding Capstone teams pitch to win one of six $10, 000 prizes. These teams were shortlisted from over 50 entries representing most programs in the Faculty of Engineering. The Esch Awards support creative and entrepreneurial students in the pursuit of research and development and its commercialization for the benefit of Canada.
You will have a chance to visit the team booths virtually prior to the live broadcast of the pitch competition. Judges will join the teams on screen for a live “Dragon’s Den” style Q&A
The Sedra People’s Choice Award
Join live and vote for your favourite team! The winner of the Sedra People’s Choice Award will receive an additional $3,000 in funding.
1:00 pm: Virtual booths open
2:00 pm: Pitch competition
Pitching Capstone Teams:
- Bless Your Sole | Mechanical Engineering
- Canadian Ibex | Mechanical Engineering
- EyeMove Technologies | Mechatronics Engineering
- MIRA | Mechanical Engineering
- Optimization of Hyaluronic Acid Production | Chemical Engineering
- Scribenote | Nanotechnology Engineering
- Sterilus | Mechatronics Engineering
- Thunderscope | Electrical and Computer Engineering
- UWTensil | Chemical Engineering
- Yada | Software Engineering
The competition will be streamed live on our Waterloo Engineering YouTube Channel, links to virtual booths and pitch competition will be shared with registrants prior to the event.