Travel & Study

University of Waterloo Travel - Policy 31

If you are planning to participate in any fieldwork activity related to your research you must familiarize yourself with the University of Waterloo’s policies and procedures on travel.

Field work refers to any activity undertaken by members of the University in any location external to UWaterloo campuses for the purpose of research, study, training or learning.

Visit Waterloo International for more information about international travel and what you need to do to have your travel approved. 

Requirements before departure

The steps outlined on the Waterloo International travel safety and security website are mandatory for any student confirmed to participate in an international exchange/work placement/internship/research or other study abroad program affiliated with the university.


In some cases a field work safety visit will also be required.