Armaghan Salehian is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
Professor Salehian’s research interests include the application of smart materials for energy harvesting, sensing, and actuation of mechanical systems. She has also performed extensive research on wrinkle modelling, flatness control, and vibrations modelling of space membranes and inflatable/deployable space structures using numerical techniques and homogenization analytical methods.
She has collaborated with Lockheed Martin, and the United States Air Force Office of Scientific Research, and has located funding from various agencies such as the Ontario Centres of Excellence, and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
Professor Salehian is also a member of several societies and institutes, including the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and the Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institutes.
- Smart Materials for Sensing-Actuation and Energy Harvesting Applications
- Vibrations and Dynamics
- Cable-Harnessed Structures Modal and Vibrations Analysis
- Vibrations and Control of Space Structures
- Inflatable Space Structures Dynamic Analysis
- GNSS Reflectometry UAV Payload Design for Climate Change Monitoring
- 2008, Doctorate, Mechanical Engineering, space structures, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 2003, Master's, Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- 2000, Master's, Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran
- 1997, Bachelor's, Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- ME 212 - Dynamics
- Taught in 2017, 2018
- ME 524 - Advanced Dynamics and Vibrations
- Taught in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- ME 598 - Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Taught in 2020, 2021, 2022
- ME 610 - Analytical Methods in Vibrations
- Taught in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- ME 720 - Special Topics in Solid Mechanics
- Taught in 2017
- Agrawal, Pranav and Salehian, Armaghan, Continuum modeling and vibration analysis of cable-harnessed plate structures of periodic patterns, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 143(6), 2021
- Agrawal, Pranav and Salehian, Armaghan, Damping mechanisms in cable-harnessed structures for space applications: Analytical modeling, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 143(2), 2021
- Agrawal, Pranav and Salehian, Armaghan, Damping mechanisms in cable-harnessed structures for space applications: Experimental validation, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 143(2), 2021
- Cao, Shilei and Agrawal, Pranav and Qi, Naiming and Salehian, Armaghan, Optimal geometry for cable wrapping to minimize dynamic impacts on cable-harnessed beam structures, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 143(4), 2021
- Agrawal, Pranav and Salehian, Armaghan, Vibrations analysis of cable-harnessed plates: Continuum modeling and experimental validation, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 143(5), 2021
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.