Do you love celebrating and learning about culture?
Drop by the International Fair to participate in fun games, activities to learn about traditions and celebrations from different cultures, on Wednesday, March 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Life Centre Great Hall.
"BASE Rep" student volunteers from the Bridge to Academic Success in English (BASE) program will be facilitating activities to teach you about fun aspects of world culture.
In addition, many cultural groups and departments that support cross-cultural learning and study abroad experiences will be participating.
Drop by to visit:
- Renison International Office & Renison Community and Professional Education: learn how you can become a conversation partner for a student learning a new language such as English, Chinese, Korean, and more. You can also find out about non-credit courses available at Renison to learn Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and English. You can also learn about study abroad opportunities!
- Student Success Office: If you're an international student, learn about the resources and services available to support you including International student advisors, international programs like International Peer Community, and more. You can also learn about study abroad and exchange opportunities.
- Co-operative Education: Have you ever thought about doing your next co-op in another country? Find out what you can do!
- UW Culture & Language Exchange Club - Feds Club: Learn a new language or enhance your language skills, by learning how you can join UWCLEC!
- Campus Wellness: Visit the Counselling Services and Health Services booths to learn more about resources available to students.
- Konnichiwa Japan - Feds Club: Learn about Japanese culture visit KonJa UW, and consider joining their club!
- AIESEC - Feds Club: AIESEC can help you to study abroad, work abroad, or volunteer abroad. Gain international experience!
- Feds International & Canadian Student Network: Want to meet other international or Canadian students? ICSN is a great place to start! Learn about their popular Babble Cafe and Cultural Connections events as well as their many Canadian bus trips available to students.
Are you a campus club or department who wants to host a booth?
That's awesome! Contact Renison ELI's Student Experience Manager, Ryan Connell, to register.
What is a BASE Rep?
The BASE Reps are a volunteer committee of English Language Learner students from the Bridge to Academic Success in English (BASE) program. BASE Rep volunteers work to build their English language skills while developing their leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills by planning events and activities on campus.
BASE is one of UWaterloo’s English language foundation programs offered through Renison’s English Language Institute. Students complete one or two terms of the program to meet the requirements of their conditional acceptance into their respective Faculty at UWaterloo. Learn more at uwaterloo.ca/base.
About the Renison English Language Institute
The Renison English Language Institute (Renison ELI) has offered high quality English as a second language (ESL) programs and courses since 1970. We welcome more than 1,000 students each year to Renison University College.
We are also proud to be the official ESL provider of the University of Waterloo, ranked Canada’s most innovative university for 25 years in a row. We invite you to explore our programs and courses, and look forward to welcoming you to the Renison community.
For More Information
To learn more about the event, the BASE program and BASE Rep volunteers, please contact Ryan Connell, Student Experience Manager at the Renison English Language Institute.