IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It measures ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.
To prepare you for IELTS, we offer a face-to-face course at Renison University College with a certified instructor (16 hours of class time). All study materials are made available through our online platform (Canvas) and will remain available after the course has finished.
NOTE: these course materials are removed approximately 3 months after the course has finished.
This course includes face-to-face classroom instruction and online preparation coursework.
Classroom lessons will focus on preparation for the Academic IELTS examination at a higher level (6.0 - 7.5 IELTS band score). Students will work on the four language skill areas (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) as well as study vocabulary and select grammar. Detailed instructor feedback will be provided.
Renison is an IELTS testing location. Learn more about how you can write the IELTS test at Renison.
IELTS Prep Dates
- May 2 - Jun. 20, 2023
- Registration deadline: Apr. 26, 2023
- October 3 - November 21, 2023
- Registration deadline: Sept. 27, 2023
- 16 hours of synchronous/in-person class sessions; 2 hours per week on Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- 16 hours of asynchronous content and additional worksheets for students to access outside of in-person classes
- The registration deadline is one week before classes begin
- The course is subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met by the registration deadline
IELTS Prep Cost
The course fee is $495. This fee includes access to all online course materials, 16 hours of instruction, and instructor feedback on all submitted coursework. Full payment of the course fee is due upon registration.