Renison’s Getaway Families Program is a non-residential host family program connecting local families with international students studying at Renison University College.
The program provides:
- An opportunity for students to make a connection with a local family, have a glimpse into life off-campus and have some conversation practice.
- An opportunity for families to connect with international students and learn about students’ cultures and home countries.
- A structured setting for families and students to engage with each other. Conversation prompts and activity ideas are provided.
- Students and families will be matched based on similar interests and availability
- Students and families will plan low cost activities within the community
- Activity suggestions and resources to manage intercultural interactions are available
- There is no cost on either participant’s part
- Groups of 2 or 3 students are matched with each volunteer family
- One academic terms (12 weeks), 3-4 meetings per term
Sorry! We are not offering the program for the Fall 2023 term.
Please check back in Winter 2024!