Alumni | Friends
The Department of English Language and Literature welcomes donations from groups and individuals to support our educational and research goals. Suggestions for specially designated scholarships are welcome. Contributions are also welcome for existing bursaries and scholarships at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Please contact the Chair of the Department of English Language and Literature, or Kim Bardwell, the Faculty of Arts Director of Advancement, for details.
How to donate to the English Department
The Department of English is currently welcoming donations to its Friends of English Literature fund in support of student awards for excellence in the study of British, American, Canadian, and Post-Colonial literatures in English. Here is how to donate to this important fund:
- Visit the UWaterloo Support page.
- Select the payment method (e.g., credit card).
- Select your Waterloo affiliation, your gift type, and the amount you wish to give.
- Under 'What area would you like to support?' choose 'Other Faculty, College or University Projects' from the drop down menu.
- Under 'Area of Giving,' choose 'Other Projects' from the drop-down menu.
- Under 'Project (Fund),' type "Friends of English Literature," and under '% Amount,' type "100."
- Click 'Next.'
- Complete the Additional Information, Contact Information, and Payment Information sections.
- If you are donating in memory of someone, scroll down to the Memorials and Tributes section, select 'In Memory Of' from the 'Type' drop down menu, and type the person's name in the 'Name of person being honoured' field.
- Click 'Donate Now' and you are done! Thank you for supporting the study of English Literature at UW!
If you wish to know more about donation opportunities to English, please contact the Chair of English.