Faculty, graduate students, undergraduates, alumni and a few friends will perform in all media in an informal setting, accompanied by excellent food and drink. People will read, make music, dance, perform original monologues, do drag, show video, installations and paintings, teach yoga --and we, the whole audience, will interactively parse a poem by Canadian poet Jeffery Donaldson in an exercise brought to you by the Raw Nerve Research Group. Witness and participate in some really cool art and mix up the generations of UW English.
- Rae Crossman, UW Knowledge Integration, performance poet
- Mike Damyanovich, violinist
- Marcy Italiano, horror writer
- Sarah York, novelist
- Sarah Tolmie, contact improvisation dancer
- Adam Bradley, musician and installation artist
- The Faculty Band, featuring Tristanne Connolly, Ken Hirschkop and Scott Straker
- Tabinda Khan, video artist
- Aimee Morrison, yoga for writers
- Tommy Mayberry, drag performer
- Rob Corbett, Sheridan College, playwright and actor
- And many others.
Tickets are $15/$10 for students at the Alumni Office and include a buffet and one drink ticket. Cash bar. Door prizes include subscriptions to The New Quarterly: New Directions in Canadian Writing