English course override request & waiting list
Please note: due to immense demand and movement, there is no waitlist for the following courses:
- ENGL 101B Introduction to Rhetorical Studies
- ENGL 108B Global English Literatures
- ENGL 108D Digital Lives
- ENGL 109 Introduction to Academic Writing -- all sections *except* 081-ONLINE
- ENGL 119 Communications in Math & CS
- ENGL 208B Science Fiction
- ENGL 210E Genres of Tech Communication
If you are looking to enroll in one of these courses, please keep an eye on Quest for new openings, as there is usually continuous movement until the add deadline.
If a course you wish to enroll in is full or you wish to request an override (reserves, pre-requisite, etc.), please follow the below instructions:
- If the course you are requesting is held by St. Jerome's (STJ), you must contact the instructor of the course directly.
- If the course you are requesting is held by Renison (REN), please see their waiting list here.
- Fill out a separate request for each course you wish to be considered for. If you would like to request multiple sections of the same course, you can do so on the same form.
- Ensure every required field is completed and accurate.
- Please do not submit duplicate requests. Your submission will be time-stamped. Duplicate requests will not increase your chance of being enrolled into the course, and will only slow down the enrolment process.
Waitlist submission does not guarantee you will be able to enroll in your course of choice. Permission numbers are issued according to available space and position in the waitlist queue.
Please keep an eye on your email, as you will be sent a permission number if we are able to offer you a spot in your requested course. Permission numbers are only valid for 24 hours, so timely attention to your email is necessary. We cannot guarantee you a spot if you miss your 24 hour period.
Permission numbers are single-use and should not be shared with other students. It is the expectation that the permission number be used by the student the number is sent to. Students should not submit waitlist requests on behalf of other students.
If you have submitted a waiting list request and no longer wish to be considered for the course, please email email@example.com to have your name removed.
THE WINTER 2024 WAITLIST WILL OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21.