N: drive (personal)
Students, faculty, and staff members are provided with personal storage space, the N: drive, on a central server, which is regularly backed up by Information Systems & Technology (IST).
You should use this for storing all your important files as it is more secure than storing it on your computer's hard drive.
The N: drive is available off-campus by connecting to the University of Waterloo's virtual private network first, and then remote desktop to a computer on campus.
To connect to the staff/faculty departmental storage space, refer to the instructions on connecting to the N: drive but use the following server address:
- Mac: smb://filed.uwaterloo.ca/env$/
- Windows: \\filed.uwaterloo.ca\env$\
OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service operated by Microsoft. Students, faculty and staff are provided with 5TB of personal storage space on OneDrive.
- Access your OneDrive via browser
- Set up OneDrive on Mac computer
- Set up OneDrive on Windows computer
Visit IST Knowledge Base for more instructions on OneDrive.
Who can use this service:
- Current undergraduate students
- Current graduate students