This year's TD Walter Bean Visiting Professor, Dr. Amber Wutich will be visiting the University of Waterloo from Monday, June 6th until Friday, June 10th. In addition to Dr. Wutich's public lecture , the Faculty of Environment has coordinated meeting times for graduate students and faculty members to meet with Dr. Wutich. If you are interested in attending one of the meeting opportunities (luncheon or coffee sessions), click to register. Please note space is limited, and if you are not able to participate after you have registered, please notify our office.
Registration Deadline: June 2, 2022
Registration for Faculty Session 2: June 7th, 2:00pm - 3:30pm is closed!
Registration for Graduate Session 2: June 8th, 9:00am - 10:30am is closed!
· Masking is required at on-campus events until further notice. Presenters may remove masks to speak providing 2m distance can be maintained from all other speakers and participants.
· Masks can be removed while seated for eating;It is recommended all participants complete the provincial self-assessment prior to coming to campus and should not attend if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if they are told to isolate.
· Physical distancing or capacity limits are not required under current public health guidance. However, physical distancing continues to be an effective method of reducing risk of transmission and we recommended you continue to physically distance when possible;
· Good hand hygiene should continue to be practiced and can be achieved through frequent hand washing or the use of an alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR). Hand hygiene bottles/stations will continue to be available for use;
· As has been the case throughout the pandemic, the evolution of the virus and the course of disease activity are difficult to predict, so relaxation of restrictions are contingent on current public health conditions. If the situation changes, it may become necessary to bring back requirements for mask wearing and proof of vaccination on short notice based on an assessment of risk under Policy #34 –Health, Safety & Environment.