Come to Waterloo!
Whether you are thinking about coming to the Faculty of Environment at Waterloo on exchange or have already been accepted and are starting to plan your trip, this is the page for you.
Below, you will find resources to answer all the questions you may have about planning your stay in Waterloo, exploring the region, what to do on campus and where to find information for all of the important stuff like choosing your courses and applying for a study permit.
How to apply
To find out how to select courses for your exchange, visit the undergraduate course selection page.
The course selection guide is a great reference for the terms and abbreviations used in the undergraduate calendar and the undergraduate schedule of classes. The course selection guide also explains the types of classes (e.g. TUT, LEC, LAB, etc.) that make up our courses at Waterloo.
As an exchange student, there are some courses that you will not be able to enrol in. Check the complete list of restricted courses for undergraduate students for all faculties before choosing courses. The courses in the Faculty of Environment that you will not be able to take as an exchange student can be found below:
- INTEG (Knowledge Integration) 230, 231, 320, 321, 420, 421, 452A, 452B
- INDEV (International Development) 303, 403, 474, 304
- PLAN (Planning) 210, 233, 261, 300, 309, 323, 333, 346, 401, 403, 405, 409, 433, 452, 474, 480, 485, 490
- GEOG (Geography) 393, 394, 405, 407, 409, 471, 481, 487
International student guide
The Student Success Office has created the International Student Guide to answer most of the questions you will have about coming to Canada. If you are wondering where you should live, what to pack, how much things will cost, how to adjust to Canadian culture, or even how to get to Waterloo from the airport, this is the place to look!
University of Waterloo information
- Clubs and campus activities
- Important dates 2018-2019
- International Peer Community
- International student resources
- Sports and recreation on campus
- Transcript request for undergraduates
- City of Kitchener
- City of Waterloo
- Downtown Kitchener
- Outdoor recreation
- Travel to and from the airport
- Uptown Waterloo
Please contact Jaime Fohkens if you have any other questions.