Join us at this year's Faculty of Environment's International Education Week event, ENV Global Perspectives Symposium. The event will feature a number of engaging activities:
- Lightning talks from students and professors who have gained international experience through their education.
- Information about international learning opportunities for studying or working abroad.
- Get a chance to win some free ENV swag if you fill out a ballot with a question on international experiences.
- Button giveaways! A chance to get a button that says hello in a different language.
- A great chance to interact and talk with domestic and international students. Come together to celebrate international education within the Faculty of Environment.
- Free complimentary lunch.
The Symposium will consist of two activities, held in separate (but nearby) locations. Drop by both in any order, at your convenience.
Main event and lunch:
EV1 Courtyard from 12:00pm to 3:30pm
EV1-221, 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- International learning about space and the environment - Dr. Su-Yin Tan (International)
- A sustainable learning venture in Jamaica - Dylan Hrach (Jamaica)
- Learning abroad: A life-changing experience - Juan Carrillo (Colombia)
- Interdisciplinary studies on alpine environments: Mt. Everest region of Nepal - Dr. Sanjay Nepal (Nepal)
- Writing a master's thesis abroad: Combining research with international experience - Fabian
- International travel and study experience - Victoria Ye (China)
- Perspectives on tourism field work: What we gained from our experience and what you can too! - Kristen de Kroon and Christian Zavarella (China)
Closing remarks from Lightning Talks and additional questions. Finishing off with free cake in the EV1 Courtyard!