Please join us for a one-day conference showcasing the first graduating class of international development students from the University of Waterloo.
Twenty-three fourth-year INDEV students have just completed their mandatory eight-month field placement as World University Service of Canada volunteers with local development and environmental organizations in Botswana, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Malawi, Peru and Vietnam.
Come and hear what students learned about global challenges such as:
- Delivering safe affordable water to low-income urban communities
- Building environmentally sustainable enterprises
- Helping subsistence farmers combat drought and deforestation
- Promoting gender equality
- Linking ecotourism with rural economic development
If you’re a development leader, prospective student, academic researcher, or community member you won’t want to miss this event!