in a Polarized World
Today, many organizations dedicate significant time and resources to influence and educate customers, citizens, and decision-makers on sustainability performance and targets, but are these messages resonating with their intended audience? How can we reconcile competing views and visions to move ahead on sustainable development especially in the field of resource development and climate change? Who is most credible and best positioned to do so?
Beginning the event with a keynote address by Canada's 16th Prime Minister, the Right Honorable Joe Clark P.C., C.C., this unique round table event will bring together top-level political, industry, Aboriginal, NGO, academic, media leaders and experts to generate a dialogue on how to cut through the noise and contradictions in order to communicate sustainability more effectively in today's polarized world.
Right Honourable Joe Clark P.C., C.C.
Canada’s 16th Prime Minister
Audience Q&A with Joe Clark lead by Sandra Odendahl, Director of Corporate Sustainability, and Head of RBC Social Finance Initiative, RBC
David McLaughlin, Strategic Advisor on Sustainability, University of Waterloo; former President and CEO of Canada's National Round Table on the Environment and the Economy
- Kathy Bardswick President and Chief Executive Officer, The Co-operators Group Limited
- Dr. Blair Feltmate University of Waterloo; Chair, Climate Change Adaptation Project, Canada
- Sheila McIntosh Executive Vice-President, Environment & Corporate Affairs, Cenovus Energy
- David Miller President & CEO, WWF-Canada
- Luiza Ch. Savage Washington Bureau Chief, Maclean’s Magazine
- Dr. Judith Sayers Strategic Adviser and Adjunct Professor, School of Business, University of Victoria
Registration opens at 7:45 am with light breakfast The event begins at 8:30 am.
The round table is free but seating is limited.
Register now to reserve your seat.
Please note: this event is sold out. Click the 'register' button below to get your name on the wait list.
A note to undergraduate students:
Due to an overwhelming response of registrations from undergraduate students, our allotted registration spots and bus for these students has reached capacity. Thank you for your interest!
This event is generously presented by
We sincerely thank our Gold Sponsors for making this event possible:
100 Front Street West