Join us for a day of wetlands-themed seminars, poster presentations and panel discussions in celebration of World Wetlands Day!
See our event page for more details.
Seminars, posters and panel discussions will be focused on wetlands themes including biogeochemistry, hydrology, ecology, economics and policy. The day's program includes exciting talks by science and policy experts:
- Faisal Moola – Director General (Ontario and Northern Canada), David Suzuki Foundation
- Kevin Rich - Provincial Policy Specialist, Ducks Unlimited Canada
- Sheldon Smith - Senior Hydrologist, Stantec
- Rebecca Rooney – Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Waterloo
- Jonathan Price – Professor, Department of Geography and Environmental Management, University of Waterloo
- Prateep Nayak – Assistant Professor, School of Environment, Enterprise and Development, University of Waterloo
- Mike Waddington – Professor, Department of Geography and Earth Science, McMaster University
- Tim Moore – Professor, Department of Geography, McGill University
Lunch and refreshments will be provided for all registrants. Students and researchers working on wetlands are encouraged to present their research posters, which will be displayed throughout the day. Student posters will be eligible for a poster competition.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1