- Glacial hydrology and ice dynamics
- Modelling the development of subglacial hydrological networks
- Impacts of a warming climate on glaciers and ice sheets
- Antarctic subglacial lake dynamics
- Remote sensing and modeling of northern lakes and permafrost
- Lake-atmosphere interactions
- The response of lakes to contemporary and future (projected) climate conditions
- The role of lakes in weather
- Remote sensing of the Cryosphere, specializing in active and passive microwave data.
- Using state-of-the-art methods (polarimetric decomposition, interferometry) and sensors to quantify physical freshwater ice and permafrost variables.
- Application of cloud-computing (Google Earth Engine) to develop retrieval algorithms (i.e. ice phenology, flooded regions)..
- Dynamics of oil under freshwater ice and implications for retrieval in inundated areas.
- Remote sensing
- Snow hydrology
- Snow climatology
- Geospatial modelling of snow
- Citizen science
Remote Sensing of glaciers and glacier dynamics
Glacier melt monitoring and impacts
Remote sensing of sea ice
Historical Arctic Data Rescue