RETAIL COUNCIL OF CANADA
INTERNAL JOB POSTING
POSITION: Manager Sustainability
REPORTING TO: Allen Langdon, Vice President, Sustainability
LOCATION: Toronto Office
POSTING DATE: January 11, 2013
The Manager Sustainability is responsible for providing advice and counsel to RCC members and key internal and external stakeholders. The Manager is expected to undertake both independent and collaborative action to identify, address, and resolve issues as well as to actively participate in the development and implementation of special projects aligned with the strategic priorities within the Sustainability portfolio.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with provincial and federal government officials, key legislators, and other stakeholders such as ENGO’s and Industry Funding Organizations.
- Collaboratively with the Vice President, serve on government advisory committees, environmental/product stewardship boards, and stakeholder groups on behalf of RCC members.
- Review provincial and federal legislative and regulatory environmental requirements and assess the applicability to the retail sector. Support members in maintaining compliance with relevant legislation.
- Write relevant and timely member communications on issues of concern to the retail sector, and prepare industry submissions and responses to government discussion papers, correspondence, etc.
- University degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of three to five years’ experience as an advocate or advisor in public policy. Experience in the areas of environmental and sustainability policy strongly preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with a thorough understanding of government and policy processes.
- Superior presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to travel across Canada as required
- French/English bilingualism a definite asset.
Please forward inquiries and applications to Allen Langdon. firstname.lastname@example.org The posting will close on January 25, 2013.