Waterloo Region - The Region of Waterloo Community Environmental Fund (CEF) is issuing a call for proposals to community members and organizations.
Financial assistance is available for a wide range of environmental projects that contribute to local environmental stewardship or promote community sustainability. Priority will be given to projects that:
- Conserve, enhance and/or acquire Regional ecologically significant natural features;
- Reduce greenhouse gases, air pollutants, energy usage and/or waste;
- Promote environmentally sustainable actions and behaviours; or
- Research environmental issues important to the region.
To be eligible, project proposals should achieve some or all of the following:
- Produce measurable and achievable benefits to the environment in Waterloo Region;
- Engage citizens and encourage collaboration;
- Stimulate sustainable behavioural changes in the community;
- Seek innovative solutions; and
- Attract matching funds from other funding organizations or in-kind contributions from partners.
An initiative of the Region of Waterloo’s 2011-2014 Strategic Plan, the Community Environmental Fund demonstrates the Region’s continuing commitment to protect and enhance our environment. It builds on the success of the Region’s Environmental Stewardship Fund established in 2009 and now includes Community Sustainability Grants. In 2012, Regional Council approved nearly $270,000 in CEF grants for 28 different projects addressing natural areas protection and enhancement, renewable energy and greenhouse gas emissions, waste reduction as well as innovative sustainable transportation initiatives.
Once again in 2013, the Community Environmental Fund can help community members and organizations build a sustainable Waterloo Region for current and future generations.
HOW TO APPLY:
It is easy to apply! Visit www.regionofwaterloo.ca/sustainability to access additional details and the application package. Application deadline is January 31, 2013.
For further information on the fund, please contact 519-575-4757, ext. 3081
Media Contact: David Roewade, 519-575-4757, ext. 3308