On October 23rd the Equity Office and campus partners will be hosting a talk by Farrah Khan followed by a panel discussion on sexual violence and resources for individuals affected by sexual violence.
Join the conversation #ASKatUW.
Farrah Khan was named in 2015 the co-chair of Ontario’s first permanent provincial roundtable on Violence Against Women. In 2016, she was also appointed to the Government of Canada’s Federal Strategy Against Gender-based Violence Advisory Council. On both the Roundtable and Council, Farrah provides high level advice to governments on emerging issues. Farrah is currently the Sexual Violence Support and Education Coordinator at Ryerson University. She has created innovative educational tools including a bystander intervention program.
Panelist will include:
- Catherine Fife, MPP for Kitchener-Waterloo
- Farrah Khan, Keynote speaker
- Amanda Cook, Sexual Violence Response Coordinator
- Antonio Brieva, President, Federation of Students
- Norman Kearney, Chairman of the Board, Graduate Student Association
- Cheri Bilitz, Counselling Services
- Joan Tuchlinsky, Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
All students, staff and faculty are welcome to attend. Guests will have the opportunity to engage in dialogue about this important issue and its impact on the lives of University community members.
When: Monday, October 23, at 3:45pm
Where: Theatre of the Arts, ML-135
Seating is limited, and will be first come first serve.
- Equity Office
- Sexual Violence Response Coordinator
- Campus Wellness
- Federation of Students
- Graduate Student Association
- University of Waterloo Staff Association
- Athletics and Recreation
- Safety Office
- UW Police Services
- Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo