This presentation offers a perspective into understanding addictions.
We will look at various topics related to addiction, including:
- why addiction is an important topic in the context of a university environment
- understanding the term "addiction"
- how to classify different types of addictive behaviour and substances
- ways to identify risk factors and understand reasons for addiction
- what costs and consequences are associated with addiction
We will also explore what coping strategies, tools and resources are available for people who are struggling with addiction.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1