Hear briefly from the Office of Academic Integrity about why you need to reference your sources. Then learn how to manage your references, create bibliographies, and format your papers in a variety of citation styles from a liaison librarian using RefWorks, a web-based citation software freely available to all UWaterloo students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
By the end of this workshop, you will
- know when to reference and why,
- create a RefWorks account,
- import references from databases, the library’s catalogue, and other sources,
- navigate RefWorks and edit your citations,
- create and format bibliographies in a variety of citation styles,
- identify options within RefWorks for reference sharing,
- be able to access your account and citations from anywhere, and
- know where to find more information about references and academic integrity.
Co-sponsored by the library and the Office of Academic Integrity.
Held in Dana Porter FLEX Lab (LIB 329).