Upstander Training aims to develop a culture of looking out for one another on campus. The purpose of this program is two-fold: to teach Upstander skills applicable to any situation wherein someone might be at risk of harm, and to engage participants in discussions about consent, sexual assault and rape culture.
Topics that will be discussed include but are not limited to:
- The Bystander Effect
- Gender and Gender Stereotypes
- Sexual Violence, Consent, and Rape Culture
- Power, Privilege, Identity and Intersectionality
- Motivating Upstander Action
- Responding to a Disclosure
This training is free and open to all University of Waterloo students, staff and faculty.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1