According to geographer Waldo Tobler, “Everything is related to everything else, but near things are more related than distant things”. But how? Come discover the various relationships among your data and see how new information and insights are derived. This workshop builds on the skills learned in “Getting Started with ArcGIS” (a recommended prerequisite for those with no previous GIS experience) and introduces users to several common methods of data analysis using ArcGIS.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to
- summarize data as it relates to other data,
- perform single- and multiple-ring buffers,
- analyze distance and time proximities,
- identify hot spots in your data, and
- manage spatial relationships between data.