The students of the Amsterdam cohort in the Knowledge Integration program invite you to experience the culmination of our third-year design project: The Museum Course.
After spending ten days in Amsterdam last spring, we returned to Waterloo in September ready to implement some of the design features we examined on our trip. Working in teams to produce these exhibits has been a rewarding and unique experience.
In building our exhibits, we have moved beyond the traditional projects and assignments typical of an undergraduate experience. The creation process allowed us to be self-directed and enabled us to incorporate skills from many different disciplines. The result is an exhibition that showcases our knowledge of museums and their design methods, as well as our teamwork and dedication to something that is a little out-of-the-box.
The theme for this year is the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Visit our exhibits and learn about:
- Beyond the Bin: Reduce. Reuse. Rethink.
- Butting Heads: By putting our heads together, we can create more socially sustainable communities.
- Mashkawizii: Paint it Orange; Resilience in the Face of Trauma
- Points of You: Reframing Perceptions: Learn to use the power of perception to your advantage.
- Shady Aid: Shine a light on volunteering abroad!
Monday, March 11: noon - 5pm
Tuesday, March 12 to Friday, March 15: noon - 7pm
Saturday, March 16: 11am - 4pm
290 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3