Student Level: Junior, Intermediate, Senior
Student Type: Co-op
- Theme - Computing: Hardware
- Computing: Systems Security and Cryptography
- Computing: Software
- Computing: Quality Assurance
- Computing: Information Systems
Loblaw Digital Technology Information Session
Loblaw Digital is the team creating leading e-commerce sites and omni-channel experiences for online grocery (Click & Collect), Shoppers Drug Mart (beautyBOUTIQUE.ca), and Joe Fresh (JoeFresh.com). But building and operating the digital channels for Canada's largest and most successful retailer is just the beginning! Our project portfolio continues to expand with exciting, large-scale projects like Canada's most popular loyalty program, pcoptimum.ca. Clearly the work we do impacts all Canadians.
We believe it's the people that make a workplace great. That's why we've cultivated a diverse group that's passionate about solving complex problems. We live for a good challenge (and a good foosball game). We all believe in tireless innovation, challenging each other to improve every day, and impacting customers' lives through meaningful digital products and experiences. But we also make sure we leave time to play. Our downtown Toronto, Liberty Village office is our hub for hackathons, snackathons (did we mention the cookies?), wellness days, monthly team events, demo days, guest speaker series, and more.
It's all about balancing passion with a bigger mission. To achieve this, we're looking for the best experts in their respective fields who want to take ownership and make an impact. People who are energized by collaboration. People hungry to venture well beyond their corner of the business to discover new ways of doing things. Your job description starts here, but it ends where you're willing to take it.
Our web stack:
- Java on the backend, with some interesting exploration of Elixir for certain use cases
- React on the frontend, accompanied by some server-side JSP rendering, with a focus on responsive design and accessibility throughout
Our Data Science stack:
- A split between Java and Python, with a rapidly growing Scala contingent eating into Java's share
- Spark, Beam, Kafka for data engineering, and Keras, Tensorflow, xgboost, and scikit used for ML
This is a great opportunity to meet with some of our team. We're hiring for full-time positions, as well as co-op terms for 3rd-and 4th-year students in any software development program.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1