The University of Waterloo’s Accounting and Finance Student Association (AFSA) is running its annual Tax Clinic for 2018!
The Tax Clinic is an opportunity for the UW student volunteers to help and file the community’s income tax returns for absolutely free. This project is aimed towards students and low-middle income families who require any assistance in the tax-filing process.
The clinic will be open on 4 separate days, March 17th-18th, as well as March 24th-25th from 10 A.M - 8 P.M on all days.
On March 17th-18th the clinic will be held in the University of Waterloo’s “Student Life Center” (Multipurpose Room).
On March 24th-25th the clinic will be held in the University of Waterloo’s “Science Teaching Complex” (Room 1012).
When coming to the tax clinic, you are expected to bring the following items;
• A USB drive
• Social Insurance Number (SIN) or Individual Tax Number (ITN)
• Information slips, (e.g. T3, T4, T4A, T5, T5013, etc.)
• 2016 Notice of Assessment (if not filing for the first-time)
• Any other information not listed below that may be applicable
• If you wish to have your returns and GST/HST etc./ credits filed by direct deposit (into your bank account), please bring your direct deposit number including branch and account number, or a void cheque.
In addition to the above, if you are a student please consider bringing the following (if applicable);
• Tuition Slip (T2202A)
• Rent or property tax paid in Ontario
• Donation Receipts (e.g. Endowment Fund)
• Medical Expenses (e.g. University Health/Dental Insurance)
• Public Transit Passes (must have receipts) or a statement showing transit usage (e.g. Metro Pass)
• Records for Moving Expenses
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1