Watch some great pitches as Velocity gives out over $125,000 in grants to emerging startups. Sign up to reserve your spot today!
Funding for very early stage companies is an important part of the support Velocity provides. The Velocity Fund is a grant program for startups and aspiring entrepreneurs to win funding through competitions held three times per year.
Join us for a jam packed day including:
11AM: Three $5,000 grants for very early stage startups are on the line. Judges will select the top 2 teams and the audience will select a team as "People's Choice." Judges include:
- Katherine Hague, VP Community Engagement & Hackathons, PCH
- Andrew Jackson, VP, Client Services, Accelerator Centre
- Steve McCartney, VP, Startup Services, Communitech
12PM: Time to mix and mingle with the $5K pitch companies while enjoying a free-boxed lunch courtesy of Velocity! Lunches are limited: first-come, first-served.
1PM: The competition begins for four $25K prizes awarded to more seasoned companies! Judges featured are:
- Ameet Shah, Partner, Golden Venture Partners
- Dan Park, Vice President, Azure Capital Partners
- Janet Bannister, General Partner, Real Ventures
- Ted Livinginston, Founder & CEO, Kik
After the competition, you will have the chance to meet the $25K companies and get to know them better by visiting their booths and speaking directly with the founders.
We also have tons of Velocity swag to give away to people in the audience. A few lucky engaged audience members will even walk away with their very own Fitbit. Don't forget to register at the link below!