The FAUW reading circle on Indigenizing the academy continues. Newcomers (and non-faculty members) are welcome!
On March 27, we’re discussing the 2019 Hagey Lecture and “The Spectacle of Reconciliation: On (the) Unsettling Responsibilities to Indigenous Peoples in the Academy” by Michelle Daigle.
We'll meet from 1:30 to 3:00 pm in Hagey Hall room 357. RSVPs are not required.
- A CBC Ideas episode featuring a John Borrows lecture on First Nations and human rights
- Leanne Simpson's "Land As Pedagogy: Nishnaabeg intelligence and rebellious transformation."
- Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT) Policy Statement on Indigenizing the Academy
- Justice for Colten Open Letter to University Presidents from Indigenous Faculty Members and Allies
- "Indigenization as inclusion, reconciliation, and decolonization: navigating the different visions for indigenizing the Canadian Academy" by Adam Gaudry and Danielle E . Lorenz.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1