Status of Women and Equity Committee (SWEC) invited all woman-identified faculty, post-docs, and graduate students to attend a panel discussion and reception featuring women with experience in various levels of administration at Waterloo.
Following an introduction from President Hamdullahpur, panelists discussed their respective paths to administrative roles, challenges they have faced along the way, and advice for women considering administrative positions.
Our featured panelists included:
- Carolyn Hansson, former Vice President, University Research;
- Susan Horton, Associate Provost, Graduate Studies;
- Susan Elliott, Dean of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences;
- Pearl Sullivan, Chair of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering and incoming Dean of the Faculty of Engineering; and
- Daniela O’Neill, Associate Chair, Graduate Studies in the Department of Psychology.
Read the event summary on the SWEC Resources page.