Thank you to everyone who ran, nominated, or voted in this year's Board elections for your participation in a democratic process that strengthens the Association.
Congratulations to the new members of the Board of Directors from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022.*
- Director from Applied Health Sciences: Joel Dubin
- Director from Arts: Kate Lawson
- Director from Engineering: Alfred Yu
- Director from Environment: Peter Johnson
- Director from Math: Nomair Naeem
- Director fromScience: Heidi Engelhardt
- Director-at-large: Narveen Jandu*
*The director-at-large term is July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021.
The Board oversees all FAUW functions, including policy development, salary negotiations, the protection of member rights, and events and services for members.
Directors are expected to stay current on issues before the Board, and to attend biweekly Board meetings on Thursday afternoons from September through June and 4–6 other FAUW meetings or events per year. Typically, a board member will also assume a leadership role on a particular matter within the Board mandate that is of personal interest, which Faculty members might find to be a desirable way to fill their service requirement. The total time commitment for a new Board member is around three hours per week for the September–June period.
It is important to a well-functioning Board that we have representation from the full diversity of faculty members at the University of Waterloo.
- For a more formal statement of Board governance and responsibilities, please see the FAUW Constitution and our Memorandum of Agreement with the University.
- See "So you're thinking about running for the FAUW Board..." for more information on what it’s like to be on the Board.
- Read "The FAUW Board: A great way to get started in collegial governance" on our blog.