Thank you for choosing to stand for election to the FAUW Board of Directors!
To submit this form, you will need:
- A completed nomination form with signatures from three voting members of FAUW. Digital signatures are allowed, you can collect signatures in whatever way works for you, and you can submit multiple files (up to three) if you can't get all signatures in one document.
- Your own voting membership in FAUW.
Mac Preview users might experience problems in the PDF form with the buttons for selecting which position you're running for. You can get around this by filling out the form in Adobe Reader or simply using the Markup tools to indicate your selection (e.g. drawing an X beside it or circling it).
If you and your nominators are not all voting members of the Association by noon on May 31, you cannot be included on the ballot. Here's the easiest way to check: Voting members' emails from FAUW have [FAUW Voters] in the subject line. Non-voters' emails start with just [FAUW]. You can also ask Laura McDonald.
After you submit your nomination form:
- You will receive a confirmation message (on screen and by email) with a link to the Candidate Information Form, which will collect your photo and more information about you for us to use as your candidate profile on the FAUW website. This is a separate form so that you can complete it later: You have until noon on Tuesday, June 1. The questions on this form are listed below, so you can prepare any time.
- FAUW staff will confirm that you and your nominators are voting members and notify anyone who still needs to join.
Click to preview the the Candidate Information Form questions
These are the questions that will appear on the second form; again, you have until noon on June 1 to submit the second form. You'll get the link once you submit your nomination form. Your answers will be posted on the FAUW website as your "candidate profile" for the duration of the election period, to allow FAUW members to learn more about you.
Director candidates: FAUW has identified equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) as a current priority for the Association, so we're asking director candidates to consider how you might contribute to that work. That said, we don't expect all Board members to be experts in this area and this will not be the only thing on which voters base their decisions.
- Pronouns (optional)
- Candidate statement: President (250 words per section):
- Why do you want to serve as FAUW president?
- What skills or experience will you bring to the role of president?
- Candidate statement: Director (200 words per section):
- Why do you want to serve on the FAUW Board of Directors?
- What skills and experience can you contribute to the Board?
- How will you advance FAUW's commitments to equity, diversity, and inclusion on our campus?
- Candidate photo
- Link to profile (e.g. your department profile or a professional website)