Thank you for representing your unit on the Council of Representatives!
We've assembled some resources to help you in this role, including a representatives guide, slides to share with your colleagues, posters, andmore.
The most up-to-date resources are always available to download from the Council of Reps Trello board.
Council members (except those from the SJU-ASA and LAUW) must be active FAUW members.
Council members are expected to:
- attend two joint meetings of the Council and Board per year (in the fall and winter terms);
- attend the FAUW general meetings (December and April);
- keep constituents informed about what's going on with FAUW, including events and requests for feedback or information, at department meetings or otherwise;
- let FAUW know about relevant concerns or developments within units, including bringing anonymous feedback from constituents to the FAUW board or staff; and
- promote the benefits of membership in FAUW to faculty members.
Council members might also be invited to:
- recommend committee members and award nominees, and
- serve on FAUW committees.
What you can expect from FAUW
- Timely updates and requests for input on key issues throughout the year.
- Summaries of the recent non-confidential business of the Board at each Council meeting.
- Council meeting notes and slides to share with your colleagues.