Thank you for representing your unit on the Council of Representatives!
We've assembled some resources to help you in this role.
Council members (except those from the SJU-ASA and LAUW) must be active FAUW members.
Council members are expected to:
- Attend two joint meetings of the Council and Board per year (in the fall and winter terms)
- Attend the FAUW fall and spring general meetings (December and April)
- Keep constituents informed about what's going on with FAUW, including events and requests for feedback or information, at department meetings or otherwise
- Let FAUW know about relevant concerns or developments within units, including bringing anonymous feedback from constituents to the FAUW board or staff
- Promote the benefits of membership in FAUW to faculty members
Council members may also be asked to:
- Recommend committee members and award nominees
- Serve on FAUW committees
What you can expect from FAUW
- Timely updates and requests for input on key issues throughout the year.
- Summaries of the recent non-confidential business of the Board at each Council meeting.
- Council meeting notes and slides to share with your colleagues.