Unit4 is the University's new Financial System
NOTE: Emails from the system will come from UWUnit4@uwaterloo.ca. This is not SPAM. Please do not reply to this email address.
Password: your watiam password
*watiam is limited to a maximum of 8 characters
Note: Only accounts used in fiscal 2017 are included in the lookup tool
- Contact the Administrator for help (email)
- *NEW* Request New User be Added to Unit4 (Form requires authentication)
- *NEW* Request to Change User Information/Role or Deactivate a User (Form requires authentication)
- *NEW* Request for New Work Order (Form requires authentication)
- *NEW* Request to Change Work Order Information (Form requires authentication)
- *NEW* Request to change Hierarchy Reporting Access (Form requires authentication)
- Note: Reporting Access at the work order level is created/changed on the Work Order forms
- Link to HR's Detailed Salary and Scholarship Reporting Tool
Note: Employees will not automatically be set up as Users in the system. A request must be submitted to add the User to the system and provide the necessary access.
Manuals and Documents
Training materials can be found on Finance's Training site in SharePoint (SharePoint login using nexus\WatIAM may be required).
See the SharePoint Chart of Accounts site for an explanation of the different attributes making up the Chart of Accounts.
Unit4 Training in LEARN
Training courses for Requisitioning and Non-PO Invoice coding/approval have been created and are available in LEARN for self-registration (link at the top of the LEARN screen). You must achieve a mark of 80% on the quizzes at the end of each course to receive completion credit. Please ensure you complete the quiz and click 'End Attempt' and 'Save' for the grade to be recorded.
- Finance - Introduction to Unit4
- Finance - Requisitioning in Unit4
- Finance - Non-PO Invoices in Unit4
- Finance - Customer Setup in Unit4
- Finance - Customer Invoicing in Unit4
Who cannot be set up as a User?
Only University of Waterloo employees charging to University of Waterloo accounts are permitted to procure through the University. This is the position of the University in order to uphold and enforce sound financial practices and controls.
Individuals purchasing for organizations outside of the University will no longer be permitted to purchase items in the name of the University and have the University charged and pay for them. These items should be purchased under the outside organization's own procurement practices and charged directly to the outside organization.
Graduate students may be setup for requisitioning access only, at the request of their supervisor, but undergraduate students will not be granted access to the system.
Do not use the browser's "back" button while within the system. Navigate using the links within the system only.
All browsers are certified for use with Unit4, but as with any website, some browsers work faster than others. We found that both Chrome and Firefox worked more quickly than Internet Explorer during testing, particularly with respect to the Requisition screen.
- All browsers are certified for use with Unit4, but as with any website, some browsers work faster than others. We found that both Chrome and Firefox worked more quickly than Internet Explorer during testing. If you experience problems, you may first wish to try a previous version of the browser or a different browser to see if that fixes the issue.
- Ensure that you are using the appropriate log in credentials in the correct format:
- [your watiam]@nexus.uwaterloo.ca
- password: [your nexus/watiam password]
- your watiam should be truncated at 8-characters if it is longer