Finance, including Student Financial Services, will be closed on Monday, December 17 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. for a special holiday event. If students have questions during that time, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 38466.
If you have financial aid coming during the term (eg Anticipated Aid showing on your student account or other provincial student loans, external scholarships, etc), the Promissory Note process allows you to leave a balance owing on your account that is equal to your financial aid amount and only pay the remaining balance owing. You need to do the Promissory Note and payment of the remaining balance by the due date to avoid a late fee.
Please review the information and instructions on our website under Using Financial Aid to be sure you get registered properly and avoid a late fee.
The Promissory Note process on Quest is available from three days after fees are posted for the coming term until the Fee Arrangement deadline for that term.
You can submit the Promissory Note using your mobile device following the Mobile Promissory Note instructions. Be sure to print or save a screenshot of your receipt at the end of the submission process.
To access the Promissory Note in Quest, log in to Quest, go to Student Centre and click on Finances to find a link to the Promissory Note.
If you try to access the process before fees have been posted to your account, you will see an error message. Do not be alarmed--just try again once you see fees have been posted to your student account.
- How do I know if I need to submit the Promissory Note?
- Promissory Note checklist - See what you can and cannot use on a Promissory Note and the correct steps to make sure your Promissory Note can be processed!
Please keep these things in mind
- If you are not using a Promissory Note to arrange your fees, be sure the account is paid in full by the due date to avoid being charged a late fee.
- If you pay your account balance with more than one payment, the account will be considered "paid in full" as at the date of the final payment. If that is after the due date, a late fee will be charged to your student account.
- If you post-date a payment, we will not be able to process it or your Promissory Note until the date of the payment.
- We cannot accept bank drafts originating outside Canada or the US. See the Payments from a Bank in the US or the Payments from an International Bank page for the approved payment methods from banks outside Canada.
- The University cannot reimburse staff or faculty who choose to cover any fees posted to a student’s account, regardless of the reason. Departments wishing to provide financial assistance to students need to authorize an award through Student Awards & Financial Aid or Graduate Studies & Postdoctoral Affairs, or offer payment via an RA- or TA-ship.