Information for

Tuition Benefit

  • If your parent is a University of Waterloo staff or faculty member with full employee benefits or receiving a University of Waterloo pension, your parent needs to submit this form--not you. 
  • To be eligible for the benefit, the employee must have full employee benefits or be receiving a University of Waterloo pension.
  • Your estimated tuition benefit amount will appear as Anticipated Aid on your student account in Quest two business days after the employee submits the tuition benefit form.  If your tuition benefit amount is not displayed as Anticipated Aid when you go to submit the Promissory Note, you can upload a screenshot of the tuition benefit application confirmation page in Step 4 of the Promissory Note process.
  • If you are employed as a TA, RA, Co-op student or on contract, you cannot submit this form for yourself because you are not eligible for the benefit.

Paying your Tuition?

The quickest and cheapest way to make a domestic bank payment is with an online banking bill payment using your student number.  If that isn’t possible, we can also accept a certified cheque, money order, or bank draft from a Canadian bank.

To make an international tuition payment, use our GlobalPay for Students service.  The service is convenient, cheaper than a traditional wire transfer, and posts quickly to your student account.  You can also pay in the currency of your choice and get a competitive exchange rate.

Don’t forget to check the date tuition is due to avoid late fees and account holds.