Information about materials
The Fine Arts department requires students to purchase many of the supplies they need to complete their projects. Some materials are included in the course kits provided by Wyndham Art Supplies, others may be purchased in the department Tool Crib (ECH 1226) during the term, while still others are provided as a part of a students’ communal course fees.
(Faculty: please use the faculty request form for course supplies and resources.)
Kits are supplied by Wyndham Art Supplies of Guelph and are available for sale (debit or credit only) in the Tool Crib. Note: kits are sold at a discount during the first week of classes.
These fees (paid by debit or credit at the Tool Crib) cover supplies that are shared in the classroom by all members of the class. These include items that the students will consume in order to complete class work such as:
- Wood Glue
- Glue sticks (for glue guns)
- Ear plugs
- Kraft Paper
- Developing Chemicals (for Photography)
- Inks and screens (in printmaking)
- Paint and drywall compound for wall recovery in the gallery and other display spaces
- Subsidizes disposable supplies for the large printer
- Materials for the Fine 100 milestone project along with a pair of safety glasses