Food Advisory Board
The Food Advisory (FAB) is a group of students and Food Services staff who meet three times a term to assess and evaluate Food Services and its needs, make recommendations, and at the same time, commit to outreach program activities (e.g. cooking shows, cultural events involving or highlighting Food Services, educational programming related to Food Services).
Applications for Fall 2017 will open in August. Thank you for your interest!
Please refer to meeting minutes and reports on the side bar.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Food Advisory Board Chair
Students must attend all meetings in order to receive their full honorarium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss requests made by students, staff and faculty
- Evaluate existing department polices
- Assess the implications of
- Hours of operations of each unit
- Opening and closing of one or more outlets
- Changes in operations of an outlet
- Food and labour costs
- Nutrition, menu options and dietary restrictions
- Sustainability initiatives
- Receive, evaluate and distribute all sub-committee reports and surveys
- Make recommendations to marketing strategies, events and community outreach projects
- Residence Operations – voting members
- Two members from Village 1
- Two members from Ron Eydt Village
- Two members from the New Residence Building
- One member from Mackenzie King Village
- One member for Columbia Lake Village
- One member from UW Place (Suite-Style)
- One member from Minota Hagey/Velocity
- Two off-campus students
- Non-voting members
- Several positions also available
- $100.00 in meal plan dollars per term (for voting members only)
- Reference letter
- Dinner will be provided at each meeting