Food Services is committed to the well-being of you, the student. We know there are many questions about what Food Services will be offering in residences and we have been working closely with Housing to ensure that your food needs are met. We will offer updates as we learn more about what the winter term will look like.
Updates for Spring 2021:
- Claudette Millar Hall will be open for the winter term. See the hours of operations page for full details on hours.
- It will offer a wide variety of food choices that accommodate all dietary restrictions.
- There will be a chef and manager on site during hours of operation, please speak to them if you have any questions directly related to eating in CMH.
- Resources such as private consultation with chefs and our registered dietitian will be available to you to help navigate food and nutrition on campus.
- There will be tons of delicious food options for you to enjoy!
- We are currently implementing extremely strict health and safety procedures at CMH. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Maximum 40 customers allowed in the eatery at any one time
- Hand sanitation required upon entry
- Masks required to be worn in the eatery by both customers and staff at all times
- Staff members dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing the eatery at all times
- Staff are required to pass a pre-screening prior to all shifts
- Frequent hand-washing and changing of utensils by staff
- There will be very limited self-serve options, which are only allowed when no touch is required (fountain pop machine)
- Increased amount of pre-packaged goods - including fresh sandwiches and salads
- Clear and strict directional guidelines to follow to reduce crowding at any one location
- Tim Hortons SLC is open.
Due to Ontario Lockdown Restrictions, many locations are temporarily closed.
- Visit our locations and hours page for full details of what is open and what is served in those locations.
What are the benefits of choosing on campus accommodation with a meal plan?
- We take your health and safety very seriously – with strict cleaning procedures, the proper equipment, and highly trained staff, you can rest assured you are in good hands.
- Food preparation is our specialty! We’ll provide you with delicious, nutritious, and balanced meals so you can focus on your academics.
- Convenience is our priority! Meal plans can be used at all Food Services locations. While we don’t know exactly what will be open for the fall term, we can guarantee there will be options on campus as well as residence eateries. This includes franchises on campus like Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Subway and more.
- We save you time and money – grocery shopping, ordering in and meal preparation is a huge amount of time and can be quite costly. We’ll save you that time and you’ll get the food you want, when you want it.
- We have highly trained experts to help you navigate your nutrition and eating habits, including a registered dietitian on staff and a chef at each of our residence eateries.
- We’re here for you! We want to serve you and are always here for feedback and suggestions!
Do you have more questions about what Food Services will be offering in the winter term? Please feel free to reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Campus Housing's plans for Spring 2021 here.