If you are an undergraduate student and you expect to graduate in June 2021, you must formalize your request by submitting an Application to Graduate by the designated deadline.
- For October 2021 graduation, go to: Application to Graduate for October 2021.
- Completion of an Application to Graduate does not guarantee the awarding of a degree, diploma, or certificate.
- All applications are subject to review by the appropriate department or school, and approval by Senate.
- Submit only one application. Need to make a change after you make your submission? Contact your faculty representative.
Application window and deadline
This form will open by 9 a.m. on November 2, 2020.
- March 1, 2021 deadline: if courses are completed during the fall 2020 or winter 2021 term.
- Log in during the application window to access the form.
- Complete all required fields (denoted by a red asterisk).
- For the Degree information section: New fields will appear based on selections made (e.g., based on faculty choice or degree being requested).
- If you need to add an accent or special character in the name field, see the instructions below.
- Proceed to page two to read the acknowledgements and to submit the form. If you are unable to proceed to the next page, due to missing information, the form will indicate which fields need to be corrected.
- Immediately upon submitting your application:
- You will see a confirmation page indicating your submission was successful.
- You will receive a copy of your submitted form in an automatically generated confirmation email, sent to your University of Waterloo email address.
How to notify us about an accent or special character for your name
- Open a Word document
- select Insert
- select Symbol
- select More Symbols
- set the Font to (normal text)
- set the Subset to Latin-1 Supplement
- select the letter with the symbol
- click Insert then click Close
- select the letter with the symbol in the Word document and copy it
- On this application form, paste the copied character in the position where you want it to appear.
Contact The Centre if you have questions about completing this form.