The Pierre Dubé reading room
The Pierre Dubé Reading Room is located in ML 355. Established in memory of a former Professor in the Department, the Reading Room is open from 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday.
Students will find various resources in this room, including:
- computer with Antidote software installed
- references (must be consulted in the Reading Room)
- a selection of fiction and biographical works.
Come and enjoy a quiet and relaxed atmosphere in the Reading Room!
Financial aid resources
- Waterloo's Scholarships & Financial Aid webpage.
- Student Awards - Find Canadian scholarships, grants, bursaries and money for school opportunities.
- Scholarships Canada - Canada's foremost web site for scholarships, student awards and bursaries.
- Explore Program - Discover another region of Canada while learning French. Enjoy five weeks of learning and adventure, friendship and discovery!
- French Electronic Library - Library Liaison for French - Helena Calogeridis
- Computer Labs - Modern Languages (ML) 109 and ML 113 liason Todd Marshall-Taylor.
- Centre for Career Action - Job resources for current students and alumni.
Antidote is a French software program that is part spellcheck, dictionary and linguistic guide. Whether writing an essay or an email, it is indispensable in helping you write well in French. This software is available to all students on 4 computers in the language lab (ML 110) and on the computer in the Pierre Dubé reading room (ML 355). The software can also be purchased online for your personal computer from the Druide website.
Lockers in the French area of the Modern Languages Building are not administered by the Department, but rather, are reserved by the student putting on his or her own lock and registering with the Arts Student Union.
Websites to help with French pronunciation
Have your French language skills officially certified! DELF/DALF can help you.
We also offer certificates for the completion of beginner or intermediate level French courses at UW. Consult our French certificates page for more details.