70 students from Ecuador study at Waterloo (fall 2018)
9 Waterloo alumni live in Ecuador (fall 2018)
Resources for students from Ecuador
Meet students from around the world
Students from more than 120 countries choose to study at Waterloo each year. Through your classes and our many student experience opportunities, you'll meet students from across Canada and around the world.
Here are some ways for you to connect with students from Ecuador or with other international students.
- Latin America Student Association (LASA)
- International and Canadian Student Network - a student-run service that organizes events to help local and international students feel welcome at the University and in the Waterloo community
- International Peer Community - join groups of 8 to 10 international students to meet new people, build your support network, and learn about Canadian culture
- Immigration Consultants - can assist you with Canadian immigration status; medical, financial, and cultural adjustment; taxes; workshops; and preparing for Waterloo
Student spotlight: Esteban
Esteban graduated from Math and Business Administration Double Degree and is originally from Quito, Ecuador.
What were you looking for in a university?
I was looking for a world-wide recognized university with strong academic programs where I could be surrounded by smart, hardworking, and high achieving people so that I could constantly challenge myself.
The University of Waterloo not only provides an environment and the tools to motivate students to challenge themselves and surpass their expectations, but the co-op program gives students the opportunity to explore different professional paths and have relevant experience in their field of study.
What did you expect from Waterloo before arriving?
Going to a top university, I expected that life at Waterloo was solely going to be about academics, but when I got here I was surprised by how the University not only provides the tools for academic success, but has services or programs for literally everything you may need or are interested in.
What is your favourite part about Waterloo?
The residence life team is my favourite part. They are enthusiastic and caring students and full-time employees who work to maintain a safe and inclusive environment where you can enjoy and take full advantage of your experience at the University of Waterloo.
Why do you think Waterloo is a good fit for students from Ecuador?
Waterloo is a place where there are so many amazing people that it is impossible not to have fun. There are so many ways to challenge yourself that it is inevitable to work hard, and you see so many successful people that it is inescapable to dream big.
The ideal university goes beyond academics. Make sure you keep this in mind when you're picking your home for the next 4-5 years. And when you do, make sure you live in residence, join the clubs you're interested in, get involved in the community, keep doing what you love, work hard, and never give up.
- View our international visits schedule to see if we're visiting Ecuador
- Program and admission information for international students
- Scholarships and common questions about fees and scholarships
- If you have questions about your application, email email@example.com