Share your Warrior pride with thousands of future students and their families by being a Student Ambassador.
Each year the Visitors Centre hires students who
- are enthusiastic, energetic, and relate well to students and their parents
- think Waterloo is an amazing school
- have excellent public speaking abilities
- have been involved in student-related activities at Waterloo
What do Student Ambassadors do?
- Provide campus tours to future students.
- Work at special events on and off campus such as Fall and March Break Open House, the Ontario Universities' Fair, and You @ Waterloo Day
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email, online chat, or in person.
- The salary is $14.25 per hour and average 2 to 10 hours each week.
Monday, March 19th at 8:30 a.m.
What is the application process?
Student Ambassadors are hired for the fall, winter, and spring terms.
- The online application is available starting in mid-February.
- We'll review applications and invite selected applicants to a group interview in late March.
- Following the group interview, selected applicants will be contacted for individual interviews which take place in early April.
- Hiring decisions are made in April.
- Student Ambassador positions begin in September 2018. However, some students may have the opportunity to begin their jobs in May 2018.
What are the qualifications?
The Selection Committee wants to build a team of Student Ambassadors who are passionate about Waterloo and who love their Waterloo experience. We specifically look for candidates with
- excellent public speaking and communication skills
- proven leadership ability
- good judgment
- and, most important, a sincere desire to provide outstanding customer service
Who can I contact for more information?
Visitors Centre Supervisor (South Campus Hall)
Marketing and Undergraduate Recruitment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567, ext. 40486