You and your family are invited to attend this open house for students who have received an offer of admission to Waterloo.
Between 10 am and 2 pm, you can speak to professors, staff, and students about your program; take a campus tour; and learn about residence.
- Campus tours - Take a 45-minute tour with a current Waterloo student. Get the inside scoop on life at Waterloo. Tours leave from Federation Hall. The last tour will leave at 1:15 pm.
- Faculty tours - Take a student-led tour of the faculty which will be your home base for the next 4 or 5 years. See classrooms, labs, and other student facilities. Tours leave from Federation Hall (FED on the campus map). The last tour will leave at 1:15 pm.
- Residence tours & information - Go directly to any of Waterloo's 9 on-campus residences for information and tours or drop by Federation Hall to learn more about the residence that interests you.
- Athletics - Tours leave the Athletics booth in Federation Hall (FED).
- University College tours - Go directly to Conrad Grebel, Renison, St. Jerome's, or St. Paul's or stop by Federation Hall for directions.
- Stratford Campus tours - Students admitted to Global Business and Digital Arts can visit the Stratford Campus to tour classrooms, view editing suites, and play in the Engage Lab, a digital media sandbox for exploring user experience and gamification. Tours of the campus start every 15 minutes.
Information about programs, admissions, and financial aid
Visit Federation Hall to learn
- Learn about your program and co-op by chatting with professors and current students.
- Note: Students admitted to Architecture will receive a personal invitation to the School of Architecture’s You @ Waterloo Day activities.
- Staff from the Student Awards & Financial Aid Office will be available to answer your questions about scholarships, bursaries, and OSAP.
- Staff from the Admissions office will be on hand to answer questions about your offer of admission.
Between 10 am and 2 pm, you can also learn about the many services Waterloo provides to help you be successful.
- AccessAbility Services
- Athletics and Recreational Services
- Co-operative Education & Career Action
- Federation of Students
- Food Services
- Go Abroad (international exchanges)
- Off-Campus Dons
- Police Services
- Renison University College
- Retail Services and WatCard
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Paul's University College
- Student Success Office - including resources for parents
- Velocity - services for student entrepreneurs
- Waterloo Residences & Off-Campus Housing
Residence & Off-Campus Housing
Discover why living on-campus is the right FIT for you! Stop by the Waterloo Residences booth at Federation Hall to have your questions answered or go directly to one of our 5 residence buildings for a tour.
You can also live at one of Waterloo's University Colleges which are located right on campus.
Places to eat
- Brubakers, Student Life Centre (SLC)
- Subway, Student Life Centre (SLC)
- Tim Hortons
- Student Life Centre (SLC)
- Davis Centre (DC), cash only
- South Campus Hall (SCH)
- Mudie’s, Village 1 (V1), cash only
- Conrad Grebel University College (CGR) cafeteria
- Watson's Mug, St. Paul's University College (STP), cash only
ATMs are available in the Student Life Centre (SLC), Davis Centre (DC), South Campus Hall (SCH), and at St. Paul's University College (STP).
Directions, parking, and mobility assistance
- Between May 24th and 28th, University Avenue near Waterloo’s southern entrance will be closed. We recommend you arrive on campus from the entrance on Columbia Street.
- From the University Avenue West exit on Highway 85, travel approximately 3 km along University Avenue to Albert Street. Turn right on Albert then left on Columbia Street. The entrance to the University of Waterloo is at the intersection of Columbia and Hagey Boulevard.
- Watch for signs directing you to free parking.
Note: Most places on Waterloo's main campus are only a 5- to 15-minute walk apart. Here are some specific examples to help plan your day:
- Walk from Federation Hall (FED) to Village 1 (V1) - 4 minutes
- Walk from Parking Lot X to Federation Hall (FED) - 7 minutes
- Walk from Federation Hall (FED) to St. Jerome's University (STJ) - 8 minutes
If you require assistance with mobility while visiting campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
15% discount at the Waterloo Store
Drop by the Waterloo Store in South Campus Hall (SCH) for some Waterloo gear. 15% off regular priced merchandise for all visitors and future Waterloo students during You@Waterloo Day! Open 11 am to 4 pm.
Tips for your visit
- Check the weather and come prepared! Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring an umbrella if the forecast is calling for rain.
- When you arrive on campus, come to Federation Hall (FED) or look for student volunteers to show you the way.
- For help with overnight accommodations in the area, view our hotels & visiting tips page.
Have you been admitted to the Faculty of Environment?
You and your guests are invited to the Dean of Environment's Reception for Admitted Students. Meet our dean, enjoy refreshments, and mingle with fellow admitted students, current students, professors, and staff. The event runs from 2 to 3:30 pm in Environment 3.
Have you been admitted to Architecture?
There is a full day of activities planned for you at the School of Architecture in Cambridge. Details will be posted on the Architecture website in early May.