Gerald Voorhees is an Associate Professor in the Department Communication Arts at the University of Waterloo. His researches games and new media as sites for the construction and contestation of identity and culture, and he has edited books on masculinities in games, feminism in play, role-playing games, and first-person shooter games. Gerald is co-editor of Bloomsbury’s Approaches to Game Studies book series and was managing editor of the Gender in Play trilogy in Palgrave’s Games in Context book series.
- Co-editor, with Kishonna L. Gray and Emma Vossen, Feminism in Play. Palgrave MacMillan
- Co-editor, with Nick Taylor, Masculinities in Play. Palgrave MacMillan
- 2016. "Constructions of Fatherhood in The Last of Us and BioShock Infinite." Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media and Technology 9.
- 2012 “Rhetorical Games and Gamic Rhetorics.” Communication.
- 2012. “Criticism and Control: Procedure, Process and Possibility Space,” in Ctrl-Alt-Play: Essays on Control in Video Gaming, edited by M. Wysocki. (Jefferson, NC: McFarland)