Dr. Ben Feng’s research interests include mathematical modelling of complex real-life systems, computer experiment design and analysis, and Monte Carlo simulations.
Dr. Feng is particularly interested in the intersections of these fields such as experiment designs, statistical analysis of computer simulations, efficient simulation procedures for risk management, etc. While with a methodological emphasis, Dr. Feng is very keen on conducting research that can make an impact in practical applications.
Current Research Topics
- Green simulation: reusing the outputs of repeated simulation experiments
- Value of data: Quantifying data uncertainty and its impact in simulation and optimization
- Applications of machine learning in actuarial science and finance
- Efficient experiment design for nested simulations
- Operations research and management sciences
- 2016 Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, U.S.A.
- 2012 M.S. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, U.S.A.
- 2011 M.MATH in Actuarial Science, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- 2010 B.MATH in Actuarial Science & Operations Research, University of Waterloo, Canada