This research is supported by the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), and the University of Waterloo School of Planning.
See below for a listing of relevant media coverage related to the Generationed City research.
- Renovate and Build, AM650, October 18, 2014. Millennials and Canada’s changing housing markets. FairTradeWorks.
- Spacing Magazine, October 8, 2014. Moving millennials: how a generation is changing mobility. Melissa Bruntlett.
- CBC Radio, Vancouver, September 21, 2014. Millennial generation changing the world, one commute at a time. Michelle Eliot.
- CKNW 980 Vancouver, September 14, 2014. Millennials and transit. The Jill Bennett Show.
- Vancouver Sun, September 15, 2014. The Millennials are here, but are we ready? Daphne Bramham.
- K-W Record, December 17, 2013. Millenials are defining the urban core. Luisa D’Amato.
- 570 News Kitchener-Waterloo, December 17, 2013. Young adults want to live close to transit, high-density housing, and urban amenities. Glenn Pelletier.
- CTV News, December 4, 2013. Gen-Y earning less than parents. Scott Miller.
- CKNW 980 Vancouver, December 2, 2013. Young adults’ declining economic fortunes. The Shift. Mike Eckford.
- CHQR AM770 Calgary, November 29, 2013. Your children are going to be poorer than you. Dan Riendeau.
- CBC Lang & O’Leary Exchange, November 28, 2013. Millennial generation earning less than their parents. Amanda Lang.
- The Globe and Mail, November 27, 2013. Gen-Y’s pain is real: Paycheques tell the tale. Rob Carrick.